Junior Members Code of Conduct
Harold Wood Cricket Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well being of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect, be encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club.
As a member of Harold Wood Cricket Club you are expected to abide by the following Junior Club rules:
- This code of conduct applies to all matches played when representing Harold Wood Cricket Club.
- It also applies to all training and practice sessions organised by the club.
- Behaviour and dress both on and off the field should be in keeping with the dignity and best traditions of the game of cricket.
- Foul and abusive language on or off the field of play is unacceptable.
- Intimidation, aggressive behaviour and deliberate distraction of opponents by words or actions are unacceptable.
- Dissent at umpiring decisions is unacceptable.
- The game should be played competitively, but the highest standards of sportsmanship must at all times be maintained. Recognise the achievements of both your team-mates and your opponents. Do not glory in their failures.
- Remember that your conduct is a reflection not only on yourself but also on the club as a whole. Conduct which damages the reputation of Harold Wood Cricket Club will not be tolerated.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit – (this must include a helmet, box, gloves and pads when a hard ball is being used) for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach/team manager.
- Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
- Junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
- Junior members agree to cooperate fully with club coaches, helpers and any other club officials. They agree to do their best at all times to improve their cricket skills and maximise their own potential, at whatever level of playing ability that may be. Any conduct that prevents fellow members from doing the same is unacceptable.
- Junior members agree to cooperate with and encourage their fellow members at all times. Persecution, humiliation or ridiculing of other members will not be tolerated.
- Failure to comply with this code of conduct may result in disciplinary action being taken